KW Auto displays all of the available Dodge LAST CALL models at this year's NitrOlympX dragracing event at Hockenheimring
KWA Team, 25th August, 2023
- The Dodge brand announced the end of production of the Challenger in the current version as from the end of 2023.
- All the Challenger 2023 models include a commemorative “Last Call” under hood plaque.
- To celebrate the end of the HEMI muscle car era, Dodge has launched the “Last Call” tribute which includes four Special Series vehicles, drawing inspiration from icons from the past in the lineup.
- Jailbreak models, introduced last year for the Challenger SRT Redeye, are now also available for the SRT Hellcat, offering more owners the chance to unlock the full menu of Dodge’s personalization options like yellow brake calipers and the exclusive Jailbreak interior badging
- Dodge boosted the output of the SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody from 797 hp from 2022 to 807 horsepower in 2023 along with a revised powertrain calibration
- Heritage colors are returning for the 2023 model year, include Plum Crazy and B5 blue – part of a lineup of 14 exterior color options for the 2023 Challenger
- All of the 5 in Europe available Dodge LAST CALL models will be displayed at this year's Nitrolympx dragracing event at Hockenheimring (GER)
August 25th, 2023 – With the industry’s most powerful and capable muscle car lineup, the 2023 Dodge Challenger offers ten distinct models and a full range of engine options. The Dodge Challenger is unrivaled when it comes to sheer horsepower, performance options and packages, all-weather capability and overall interior spaciousness. The Challenger is a true GT car and its heritage design and unmatched power, combined with everyday usability, makes this authentic yet modern muscle car even more popular in today’s golden age of muscle; more so than back in 1970 and 1971.
Last Call under hood plaque
All the Dodge Challenger 2023 models include a special commemorative “Last Call” under hood plaque which makes each model a true collector’s item and includes the vehicle name and its silhouette, as well as “Designed in Auburn Hills” and “Assembled in Brampton” to certify each vehicle’s provenance.
The Dodge Challenger Shakedown
The first vehicle from this Special Edition to be introduced into the European market, was the Dodge Challenger Shakedown. This version pays homage to the famous 2016 concept model introduced at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. This iconic vehicle evoked many details, including the red “392” fender, the “Shakedown” spoiler graphic with red accents, the red six-piston Brembo brakes and the “Shakedown” IP badge. It also includes Premium Black Nappa/Alcantara seats with red stitching which can also be found on the console, steering wheel, and seats. This version is also enhanced by unique features like the distinctive black “Challenger” grille badge, the unique R/T grille badge, 20-by-11-inch Carbon Black Lightweight wheel rims, Plus Group, Technology Group, Navigation and Carbon/Suede and Demonic Red seatbelts. The legendary Mopar Shaker hood also makes a return. The throwback to the original theme is clear with a combination of red and black, which perfectly balances the dialogue between modern features and the iconic heritage and soul of the Challenger.
The Dodge Challenger Shakedown is a genuine limited edition for fans of muscle cars, based on 6.4-litre Scat Pack Widebody available only in Pitch Black. A limited edition of only 1,000 models have been produced worldwide, of which only 55 exclusive examples are landing in Europe.
Challenger and charger scat pack swinger special-edition models bring retro flair to dodge ‘last call’ lineup
A pair of modern-day “Swingers” with a retro-themed appearance are joining the Dodge brand’s “Last Call.” The original Dodge Dart Swinger was a member of the Dodge “Scat Pack” club, packing formidable horsepower into a compact package, and included “groovy” options, such as green-on-green interior/exterior color combinations, gold color accents and wood panel interior touches. The 2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Swinger and 2023 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Swinger modern-day special-edition models reach back to that past for inspiration, delivering a throwback exterior and interior appearance.
“The name says it all – the originals had a unique, fun character, and that’s the same reaction we’re hoping for with our 2023 Dodge Challenger and Charger R/T Scat Pack Swinger models,” said Tim Kuniskis, Dodge brand chief executive officer – Stellantis. “Dodge Swinger models have always held a unique spot in the Dodge muscle-car pantheon, and these modern-day models bring that fun back to life.”
Only 1,000 each of the 2023 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Swinger and 2023 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack Swinger will be produced, both as Widebody models, available in Sublime Green and F8 Green.
The Dodge Challenger Black Ghost
Godfrey Qualls was a motorcycle police officer in Detroit, Michigan and yet also a passionate participant in illegal street races. This obscurity made for a problematic double life an added an almost mystical dimension to this iconic muscle car. With his modified Dodge Challenger R/T SE Black Ghost from 1970, he repeatedly appeared at street races and drove the competition into the ground, only to immediately disappear again - completely undetected.
As a tribute to this legendary muscle car, the Dodge Challenger Black Ghost is a modern revival of the historical 1970 vehicle, wrapping a Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye widebody in a jet-black look, complimented by black chrome trim and black faux "alligator skin" vinyl on the roof, similar to that of the original model. Also inspired by the legendary original model, are the 20 x 11-inch Satin Carbon Warp Speed wheel rims, Black Ghost badge on the instrument panel, black Mopar® hood pins and black six-piston Brembo calipers. In addition, the Black Ghost features a grille with Challenger lettering, fender and spoiler emblems, and an SRT grille badge in Midnight Chrome. In addition thereto, this model is adorned with details such as a bright Dodge plaque on the dashboard, Alcantara steering wheel with red SRT logo, real carbon fiber accents and suede headliner as well as Alcantara/Laguna leather seat and door covers. With this vehicle, fans can experience true Dodge exclusivity: Only 300 of these paragon units will go into production, all of which will be Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody models sporting a Pitch Black exterior color.
23MY Line-up Highlights
The 807-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Redeye is the world’s quickest and most powerful muscle car:
- 0-60 miles per hour (mph) acceleration in 3.25 seconds
- A quarter-mile lap time of 10.5 seconds at 131 mph (equipped with Drag Racing tires)
- 168 mph top speed (dependent on the tires)
- Powered by the most powerful production V-8 engine, the Challenger SRT Redeye’s supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI high-output V-8 features a revised powertrain calibration that increases power ratio output to 807 horsepower by increasing the shift point from 6,300 rpm to 6,400 rpm
- The Bilstein adaptive damping suspension has been tuned for drag racing, redistributing as much weight as possible onto the rear tires from the launch to ensure maximum traction
- SRT Redeye features lightweight all-aluminum Brembo four-piston brake calipers and 14.2-inch vented rotors
- Performance-tuned asymmetrical limited-slip differential with 3.09 final drive
- Track mode forms part of the SRT Drive Modes on the SRT Redeye and will activate a revised shock absorber tuning specifically aimed at drag racing
- SRT Race Options – Line Lock, Launch Control, Power Chiller, Race Cooldown and Torque Reserve all come standard on the SRT Redeye
- Standard SRT Drive Modes - also available on Scat Pack models - allow drivers to tailor their driving experience by controlling horsepower (SRT Hellcat models), transmission shift schedules, steering, paddle shifters, traction and suspension. Drive Modes are pre-configured for Sport, Track and Default modes, while Custom mode lets drivers tailor the drive experience to their preferred personalized settings
The Widebody Package on R/T Scat Pack, SRT Hellcat and SRT Hellcat Redeye models, adds 3.5 inches of overall width, rides on sticky 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires mounted to 20-by-11-inch wheel rims. It also includes an electric power steering (EPS) system with SRT Drive Modes.
The T/A Package on the R/T adds even more heritage to naturally aspirated V-8 models with visual and performance enhancements inside and out. These features include a Satin Black hood, Satin Black wrapped roof and decklid, 20-inch wheels, a Satin Black spoiler with T/A decal, Mopar cold-air intake system, Air Catcher headlamps and also white face gauges with Gloss Black cluster trim rings.
The Shaker Package, available on R/T and R/T Scat Pack models, includes the legendary cold-air grabbing Mopar Shaker hood, the "Shaker" under hood decal, "Challenger" script grille badge (R/T), black rear spoiler (R/T), black fuel door (R/T), black grille surround (R/T), “Shaker” instrument panel badge and Gloss Black instrument panel cluster trim rings.
HEMI Orange continue to be available as packages for the Challenger 2023 model year, even if only in a limited number:
- HEMI Orange Appearance Package, available on the Scat Pack Widebody models for the Challenger, pays homage to the iconic HEMI engine that has powered Dodge muscle cars for decades
- HEMI Orange exterior is dressed up with the orange tracer stripe, orange badging accents, orange brake calipers and Carbon Black “Warp Speed” wheel rims
- The interior is accented by orange stitching on seats, steering wheel, doors and more. This is contrasted by the blacked-out interior modifications
- Seatbacks on HEMI Orange are embroidered with the monochromatic Dodge Rhombi logo
More than 70 safety and security features are available, including Forward Collision Warning, adaptive cruise control, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
For 2023, the Dodge Challenger lineup consists of ten models:
- SXT AWD
- R/T Shaker
- R/T T/A
- Scat Pack Widebody
- Scat Pack Widebody Shaker
- Scat Pack Widebody Hemi Orange
- SRT Hellcat Widebody
- SRT Redeye Widebody
Available Exterior Colors
- B5 Blue (New for 2023)
- Destroyer Grey (New for 2023)
- F8 Green
- Go Mango
- Octane Red
- Pitch Black
- Plum Crazy (New for 2023)
- Cinnamon Stick
- Sublime Green
- Triple Nickel
- White Knuckle
- The award-winning 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 on SXT and SXT AWDmodels
- The legendary 5.7-litre 345 HEMI® V-8 on R/T models
- The naturally aspirated 6.4-litre 392 HEMI V-8 with a best-in-class 485 horsepower, offering the most muscle per dollar on Scat Pack models
- The 717-horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 on SRT Hellcat
- The 807-horsepower SRT Redeye Jailbreak
Follow KWA and the company’s news and videos at:
Media Website: https://kwauto.com/news/
For media inquiries, please contact:
Raissa Trettwer email@example.com
KW Auto Marketing & PR Coordinator