Klintberg & Way Automotive introduces the 2021 New Dodge Durango
KWA Team, June, 2021
15th June 2021. For Muscle Car People with Families, the 2021 Dodge Durango features New Aggressive Exterior Styling and New Interior With Driver-Centric Cockpit and it’s available in order now in all Klintberg & Way authorized dealerships.
New, aggressive and modern exterior styling across the entire Durango lineup
The refreshed exterior on the Durango is distinctly Dodge, maintaining its muscular body and aggressive styling, blending SRT and muscle car DNA throughout the Durango lineup.
Durango’s proud, forward-leaning profile captures some design cues from the latest Charger Widebody with the new front fascia, LED low/high headlamps, signature LED daytime running lamps (DRL), sculpted hood, grille, rear spoiler and a variety of wheel options.
A newly designed front end creates a wide cross-car read with the upper grille, both of which flow into the new slimmer headlamp shape.
The new LED headlamps are slimmer, creating a more modern shape and making Durango look more sinister than ever before. The Durango also features unique Dodge signature LED DRLs. Fog lamps are raised to make the front end feel more alert and aggressive (on non-SRT vehicles).
The Durango maintains its world-class precision styling while also sharing the design ethos of the Dodge Charger, with its muscular front and rear flares that accentuate the classic “Coke-bottle” sculpting of the body sides, all of which give Durango an aggressive and powerful stance.
All Durango models feature LED racetrack lighting and new spoilers. A unique performance spoiler is featured on SRT models.
Performance-inspired, all-new driver-oriented cockpit
Along with its ultimate performance capabilities, the new interior on the 2021 Dodge Durango continues to deliver uncompromised utility, advanced technology and aggressive styling. The new interior feels wider than the outgoing model and features a redesigned driver-centric cockpit, instrument panel, center console and front door uppers with new relocated seat memory switches for ease of access across the full Durango lineup for 2021.
The Challenger-inspired driver-oriented cockpit is refined, upscale and high-tech throughout, featuring an available, largest-in-class 10.1-inch touchscreen angled 7 degrees toward the driver.
The new 10.1-inch touchscreen is equipped with the Uconnect 5 system and is a part of the new, driver-oriented instrument panel. A slimmer redesigned integrated center stack (ICS) switch bank mounted below the screen is equipped with chrome-accented toggles and dedicated buttons for heated and cooled seats, making comfort controls easier to access.
A fully electronic, performance-inspired shifter controls the standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission and gives the driver the look and feel of a traditional linkage shifter.
A new, wrapped and accent-stitched mid-bolster on the instrument panel is featured throughout the entire Durango lineup. Each price class has an available wrapped instrument panel.
All price classes feature a newly designed, roomy console that offers more bin storage, soft-wrapped and accent-stitched surround and available, convenient wireless charging.
The new flat-bottom performance steering wheel, with standard paddle shifters from the Charger and Challenger models, and standard on SRT 392 models, is now also available on Durango R/T models. The steering wheel on SRT models features a backlit SRT logo – white backlight on SRT 392.
Lighter color interiors feature dark floors for contrast and accent the light interior with a newly wrapped and accented mid-bolster.
R/T Tow N Go: Unmatched performance and towing capability
New for 2021, the R/T with the available Tow N Go Package leverages SRT’s menacing look and muscular front and rear fender flares, 5.7-liter HEMI V-8, an increased top speed of 235 km/h, Track, Sport, Snow and Tow drive modes and a re-tuned SRT-performance exhaust with an unmistakable iconic Dodge exhaust rumble.
The Durango R/T Tow N Go Package also gets SRT wheels and tires, Brembo brakes, flares and sills, active noise control system, exhaust with tips and a lower valance, electric limited rear slip differentials, as well as additional drive modes – Track, Sport, Snow and Tow – accessed through the hard buttons on the all-new integrated center stack.
- Track – delivers maximum vehicle performance capability on smooth, dry surfaces. Tightens up to full hard suspension damping and steering gradient feel for maximum cornering capability and steering response feedback. In addition, AWD set to 30/70 for maximum performance and shift speed increases from Auto mode and electronic stability control (ESC) allows maximum yaw
- Sport – delivers increased vehicle performance capability over Auto mode. Tightens up suspension damping and increased steering gradient feel for improved cornering capability and steering response feedback. In addition, AWD set to 35/65 for increased performance, shift speed increases from Auto mode and ESC allows more yaw for spirited driving
- Snow – sets ideal configuration for driving in snow by setting transmission to use second gear (rather than first gear) during launches to minimize wheel slippage; stability control is set to tighter constraints and AWD is set to 50/50 distribution
- Tow – transmission shift schedule/engine braking optimized for towing, AWD set to 50/50 for maximum stability
Four-wheel disc antilock Brembo six-piston performance brakes with black calipers are standard on the R/T with Tow N Go; SRT-engineered Brembo brakes with upgraded brake pads for improved performance with red calipers are optional. The SRT Brembo brakes on the R/T Tow N Go feature a power four-wheel disc brake system with 15-inch vented and slotted front rotors with six-piston Brembo calipers and 13.8-inch vented rear rotors with four-piston fixed Brembo calipers.
The Durango R/T with Tow N Go Package features standard 20-inch-by-10-inch aluminum wheels in Hyper Black finish that ride on Pirelli Scorpion Zero all-season tires.
2021 Dodge Durango offers largest-in-class 10.1-inch touchscreen with all-new Uconnect 5 system
The 2021 Dodge Durango brings upgrades front and center with the all-new 10.1-inch touchscreen, which is part of the new Uconnect 5 system.
The available 10.1-inch touchscreen with Uconnect 5 is nearly 20 percent larger and enables processing speeds up to five times faster than the previous generation and comes standard on the Durango R/T and SRT 392 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The new Durango offers the all-new Uconnect 5 system, which is five times faster, is more connected, helpful, content-rich and adds greater personalization, making it the most advanced Uconnect system ever. Highlights include:
- Uconnect 5 system offers more connected services and features for unmatched ease of use
- Easy to personalize home screen allows the user to position high-use functions from their favorite apps together in one simple interface:
- Personalized content includes quick music controls, comfort settings (temperature, seating position and mirror), vehicle specific features, phone favorites, recent calls, navigation map and more
- Uconnect 5 system accessible for both novice and expert users alike
Additional Durango SRT models feature:
- SRT Performance Pages (standard on R/T) provide information on vehicle performance, including timers, gauges for g-force, engine and dyno readouts
- Configurable drive modes provide more vehicle control
- Race options allow the driver to activate, deactivate and adjust the rpm values for Launch Control and Shift Light features
- SRT models have additional unique appearance features, including the SRT “smoke show” start-up animation, SRT serpentine font and some more fun-to-find Easter eggs.
Family entertainment is available through Durango’s Blu-ray video rear-seat entertainment system with two high-resolution 9-inch screens, one on each front seat back, available on Durango R/T and SRT 392 models. Each screen allows Durango passengers to watch their movies on Blu-ray or standard DVDs or play their gaming systems via inputs for HDMI or RCA cables for each screen integrated into the front seat backs.
- R/T, equipped with 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine
- SRT, equipped with 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine
Distinct Colors and Appearance Packages available across the Durango lineup
Dodge Durango customers have an array of appearance options from which they can choose. There are 11 exterior colors and a wide variety of interior trim selections.
For a custom look straight from the factory, the Durango offers unique packages, including Blacktop.
Dual-center exterior stripes, available on Durango R/T and SRT 392 models, are also available covering the front and rear fascias, hood, portions of the roof, spoiler and the tailgate. Stripes are offered in five colors: black with Redline accent tracer, Bright Blue, Flame Red, Gunmetal Low Gloss (metallic finish) and Sterling Silver (metallic finish).
For more than 100 years, the Dodge brand has carried on the spirit of brothers John and Horace Dodge. Their influence continues today as Dodge shifts into high gear with muscle cars and SUVs that deliver unrivaled performance in each of the segments where they compete.
All KWA Durango can be provided with the Prins VSI-2.0 LPG system, professionally installed by KWA Technology Center in Bremerhaven.